Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Riglet Poll

Since the Super Bowl isn't interesting enough to wager on this year, I have put the Riglet poll on the right. Vote early, vote often.

24 comments:

diplodoc said...

Groundhog Day!

minnow said...

My choice too! But keep the lights down low so that the little guy doesn't see his shadow and make winter (or pregnancy!) go on for six more weeks.

tkpkrigbys said...

we can't keep the lights down too low because Sophie may be afraid of the dark... but we would be much more afraid of six more weeks of pregnancy

magwitch said...

To whomevers voted for Feb. 1: will it be before or after SB XLIII kickoff?

minnow said...

Oops. I was going to say half-time but then remembered that I voted for two different days so now I suggest: midnight. I still think winner should get prize, i.e. naming rights for the crib? Or a bowl game? Or a toe?

diplodoc said...

I added a vote for Jan. 29th--just in case we learn anything in hindsight.

Unknown said...

right before the super bowl goes into OT

minnow said...

Well, SB coverage starts around 9 a.m. ... any thing rumbling in D.C. yet?

tkpkrigbys said...

no baby rumblings yet- but things might change once we put the turkey in the smoker...

tkpkrigbys said...

time to start changing votes again...

minnow said...

wait?! because...today it is happening?!

tkpkrigbys said...

nope - not happening today (although the Dr. almost sent her to the hospital because his heart beat was so mellow - turns out he was sleeping). Still scheduled for induction on Friday if nothing happens before...

minnow said...

good omen, that mellow baby. anyway, today's not over yet & friday a long way away in baby years.

diplodoc said...

Well if he does chill until the 6th, that will be the feast day of St. Amand, the patron saint of those who make and serve beer.

magwitch said...

what about on feb 3? we got rosa parks on feb 4; hank aaron on feb 5; and boozy st amand + bob marley for extra juju on feb 6.

diplodoc said...

Feb. 3 we got: Horace Greeley, Gertrude Stein, Norman Rockwell, Pretty Boy Floyd, and reggaeton superstar Daddy Yankee. We got the feast days of: St. Aaron the Illustrious (also known as "Aaron of the Nuts"), St. Ansgar (patron saint of Denmark), and Saint Blaise (the patron of many things, including construction workers and healthy throats.

magwitch said...

okay, i'll change today's vote to today, for Blaise's sake.

tkpkrigbys said...

there are some strange things going on with the electoral process...

diplodoc said...

I think I may go for the 4th, for Rosa, Dan Quayle, and Alice Cooper.

magwitch said...

I just did a Minnesota-style recount, whereby 9 people vote and 19 ballots are collected.

minnow said...

Ok, I confess, I had picked an earlier date. And then switched it. And then moved it forward once again. (Forward? Backward? A day later.) Good thing there is no money riding on it! At this point I think I am voting in order to influence the situation rather than predict it. Hey little buster, don't you see the numbers are running up on you and noone wants to wait til Friday! Least of all your mother?!!

diplodoc said...

That is why I may have to vote for the 29th again.

minnow said...

Today.

minnow said...

How cool. I woke up this morning thinking it would be today by teatime. Will put scones in the oven.